Friday, January 23, 2015

Maple Bars

        I’m going to go a little off the topic of hair and beauty and talk about the time I made maple bars. Over Christmas break I had a really bad craving for maple bars so I went on Pinterest and looked up a recipe. I went to the store and bought all the ingredients. Did I mention this was my first time making maple bars. I made the dough, which was the easiest. When I was making the maple topping the store didn’t have the ingredients, so I had to improvise. I called a friend who likes to bake, and she told me to just used regular syrup, powdered sugar, vanilla and maple extract; it worked out well. After I let the dough rise for an hour I started rolling it out and cutting into “bar” shapes. I started to fry them and they wouldn’t puff up like the picture. I realized that I killed the yeast in the dough. I was so embarrassed because I got everyone excited to have maple bars and messed them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment