Friday, October 17, 2014

Pain Is Beauty

I should be leaving the island for surgery soon and I'm debating if I should get acrylic nails or not. They look absolutely amazing when you first get them, but it is a pain to get them off, literally. Ladies, why do we do this to ourselves? We pay all this money to get your nails looking good for a couples weeks, then we practically cry because of how painful it is to remove them, while saying, “I’m never getting these again!” We all know that’s not true; of course you’re going to get them again, because they are adorable!
Let’s talk about shoes now. For my birthday I got a pair of Louboutins, and oh my they hurt, but are gorgeous! I have so many heels and booties it is crazy! Being short gives me an excuse to buy more, and more heels. Although, when I wear my heels, by the end of the day, I need a foot massage. Like one of my friends says, “If the shoes look cute, you know they are painful.”
I’m not going to lie-- I go to school with sweat pants and a messy bun every morning. Recently, my school has changed the schedule-- instead of coming in at 9am, now we come in at 8am. I know a lot of other high schools start earlier, but I don’t know how girls can get “dolled-up” everyday, that early every morning. I love my sleep; I, personally, cannot wake up early anymore to put on makeup. It is a struggle because you are in a rush, and when you’re in a rush you mess up your eyeliner, now you’re tired and late for school. I will wear makeup and fix my hair on the weekends, that way I have more than an hour to get ready. Another struggle about makeup is trying to make your winged eyeliner even. I’m not sure if these are struggles for some other girls out there, but thank you for reading this far.
In my opinion, hair is the most difficult to deal with. I can’t tell you how many remedies I’ve tried in order to grow out my hair after donating it to Locks of Love. People always say short hair is easier; no I loved my long hair, because it was easier to curl, put in a pony, braid, and more. I think short hair, or medium length hair is harder to deal with, because you have all your baby hairs in the way. The hardest thing about hair, in general, is that we have to cut it frequently and some people go through the trouble of dying it.
Girls go through so much trouble to look their best. Some do it for guys and some do it for themselves. Looking good to please yourself is the best; you don’t have to live up anyone else’s expectations, but yourself. Doing your nails, hair, makeup, and getting new clothes and shoes is a great way to spoil yourself. Yes, it is a pain, but Pain is Beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment